Septura brings together London’s leading players to redefine brass chamber music through the uniquely expressive sound of the brass septet.
Currently Ensemble in Residence at the Royal Academy of Music, the group is recording a series of 10 discs for Naxos Records, each focused on a particular period, genre and set of composers, creating a ‘counter-factual history’ of brass chamber music.
Septura’s members are the leading players of the new generation of British brass musicians, holding principal positions in the London Symphony, Philharmonia, Royal Philharmonic, City of Birmingham Symphony, Basel Symphony and Aurora orchestras.
- Giovanni Gabrieli - Exultavit cor meum
- Maddalena Casulana - Selection of Madrigals
- Orlande de Lassus - Lagrime di San Pietro
- Felix Mendelssohn - Organ Sonata in C minor
- Clara Schumann - Piano Sonata in G minor